When you look up the meaning of Tarot on Google, this is what comes up:
ta-rot: playing cards, traditionally a pack of 78 with five suits, used for fortune-telling and (especially in Europe) in certain games. The suits are typically swords, cups, coins (or pentacles), batons (or wands), and a permanent suit of trump.
To me, Tarot has proven itself as much more than a game. In fact, Tarot is not a game to me at all. Tarot is something that should be taken very seriously. I have studied Tarot since I was fourteen or fifteen years old. About a decade later, I can say the Tarot has helped me make many major decisions in my life.
Something my friend and I always say is, “The Tarot never lies!” And this is very true. But it is important to point out that Tarot helps bring that which we know subconsciously up to our conscious minds. This means that Tarot helps us to gain insight which comes from within. Every Tarot card has its own meaning, yet they are all open to interpretation. But that is a post for another day.
The purpose of this post is to shine some light on these messengers of wisdom. Here is my list of six benefits of Tarot:
- Get a feel on vibes. Tarot is exquisite when it comes to delving further into the energy of something. There is a plethora of different spreads you can use to dig deeper into any situation. Tarot helps you to gain a better perspective on the energy of people, places, or situations.
- Knowing the people around you. So not only does the Tarot give you a good feel on a person, but it also helps you to understand their motives or the role they play in your life. There have been plenty of times in my life where I have learned something about someone through Tarot spreads.
- Better understanding of your wants/needs/fears. Tarot points out things that you may not be aware of, that are happening in your own mind. There have definitely been many times where the Tarot has shown me true wants or fears that I was holding inside, or not being honest with myself about.
- Makes you aware of past influences. Sometimes we hold onto past hurts, people, or things, that are no longer serving our highest good. Tarot helps you to see when you are holding onto something you shouldn’t be. It also helps to let you know when you are completely past something you no longer wanted.
- Creating plans of action. Since Tarot helps you to better understand others, energies of situations or places, and your own feelings, it can help guide you in the direction you should take next. Again, this has happened countless times for me. Sometimes it could be a major life decision, sometimes it can be something smaller. Either way, the Tarot can help.
- Seeing the possibilities around you. As you can see from the first five benefits of this list, Tarot helps you to gain a better perspective on your life. Along with sharing wisdom about people, places, situations, and yourself, it also shows you what is going on around you. It can show you potential positive or negative happenings. Both are good, because seeing the possibilities helps you to prepare for them.
As you can see, the Tarot is meant to be taken seriously. It is not a toy, and it requires deep concentration. It is vital that you remain level-headed when doing readings. You must tap into your intuition, and truly get a feel for the cards. Misinterpretation could make you crazy, if you let it!
I suggest getting a professional reading before you start to experiment with them yourself. I had a deck or two before I got my first reading from a friend’s mom, who is a brilliant psychic. She really helped me to understand the cards and how they worked, for myself. I’ve also studied a very great book, The Only Tarot Book You’ll Ever Need, and that helped me immensely. Here is a link to purchase it on Amazon:
I hope you enjoyed this post about the benefits of Tarot! Just a reminder: I do offer Tarot readings on my Services page. I am glad to send you an email interpretation of your reading, or schedule a Skype time! If you feel guided to get a reading, please contact me. 🙂 Also remember to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!