Most wonderful time of the year.
With Christmas right around the corner, I am really starting to get into the holiday spirit. This weekend, I have plans to go shopping with my mom on Saturday, and my best friend on Sunday. Next weekend, I have my Christmas party for work, and then the following weekend is basically Christmas. Haha 🙂
Needless to say, I am super stoked and excited for all the shopping and time with my loved ones! However, I am also feeling a little overwhelmed, because I am a person who needs their rest, AND alone time.
So, how do you make time for yourself while you are planning, shopping, and visiting loved ones? Here is a list of five ways you can honor yourself and your Spirit, during the magical and crazy times of the holidays:
1. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is very important all the time, but is even more so during the holidays. I don’t know about you, but the energy of holiday season is very uplifting, and also very reflective, for me. I love connecting with the people in my life, and sharing love and light. But when I am alone, I get very reflective about the past year – this is also probably partially due to the fact that my birthday is right after Christmas, but still. Make sure you are not stressing yourself out too much, and get plenty of rest. This is how you will be able to be your best with family, friends, loved ones, and yourself.
2. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Okay, so I love spending all the money on my family and friends, at the holidays. I absolutely love Christmas shopping and want to spoil the people I love most. But sometimes, (most of the time), there isn’t enough money to get everyone everything. So, don’t worry about getting it all. Instead, do what you can, and let your loved ones know what they mean to you through your words and actions. They will understand if your money is tight – and seriously, they will just be so happy to see you on the holidays, anyway.
3. Treat yo’self. Okay, so money may be tight, or it might not be. But definitely treat yourself this holiday season. It could be in the form of a holiday coffee from Starbs, a long, healing bath, or an item you found in a store that you know you need. Whatever it is, enjoy yourself this holiday season, and try to do something special for yourself more often than not.
4. Spread kindness. So, this one may seem a little weird because we are talking about self-care. But really, it’s not all that weird. I have found that saying hi to strangers this week has been a lot of fun. On my walk to Starbucks yesterday (I work walking distance from one, hell yes!) I said hi and/or smiled at everyone I passed, and they returned the favor! It felt so good to be connecting with others, and spreading holiday cheer. Make your day, by making someone else’s. The more love you give, the more you receive.
5. Be grateful. Every day, make time to think about all the things life has blessed you with. This year has been interesting for sure, but I am so grateful for what this year has taught me, and the gifts it has brought me. I love my family, my friends, my job, my blog, my apartment, my cats, etc. I am having fun thinking of all my blessings every day. It leaves me feeling happy, calm, and wanting more of that greatness. When you focus on your blessings, and show gratitude, the Universe will provide you with more wonderful things. And we are all deserving of the gifts the Universe has to offer us. ♥
What do you think?
How can you honor yourself this winter season? What are you most grateful for?
With love and light,