They say taste the rainbow…
So, by now you have probably heard that you should eat the rainbow every day, am I right? But seriously though, you most def should. The rainbow in this case is fruits and veggies, babes, not Skittles. I mean, a Skittle from time to time can’t hurt. What I’m looking for however, is food that literally nourishes your spirit – not just your sweet tooth.
Feed yourself love.
Yeah, so short story time: about, jeez probably about four years ago, I straight up cut out all fast food. I do not eat a single bite of fast food, including places like Chipotle. Around the same time, I cut out red meat, too. I occasionally eat chicken, turkey, or fish…ocassionally, like not even once a week, sometimes.
The reason I decided to cut these things out is because they did not make me feel good. I noticed I was always feeling anxious, my stomach always felt like it was in knots, and my intuition was clouded. I felt like I was blocked, in so many different areas of my life. It was crazy.
Soon after I made this decision, I moved out of my parent’s for the first time. I was only 19 when I moved out, so the thought of picking and making my own food was so super exciting. My boyfriend, Taylor, and I delved into the wonderful world of produce – and we never looked back.
Pickin’ up good vibrations.
Since I have been eating primarily fruits and vegetables, I have noticed that I have less anxiety and hardly any panic attacks. My stomach does better, and my intuition is stronger. The reason this happens is not only because of the purity and energy of the plants, but also because certain fruits and vegetables align with our chakras – the wheels of light that govern different parts of our body.
I’m not going to go into a full chakra post right now. If you don’t know much about them, I highly suggest you find the book The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
, and read it. It has a lot of information to offer on all the chakras. In fact, it is what I am referencing right now for the next part of this post.
The chakras house certain emotions and feelings. Our chakras can get blocked, they can be under-active, and over-active. When our chakras are under-active, we may fall into depression, become ill, or feel drained. When our chakras are over-active, we may feel rushed, too ambitious, or too assertive. Of course, it differs depending on the chakra. All of these highs and lows play a part on our physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. It is vital that we try to keep our chakras balanced, by being true to ourselves, sharing our feelings, and eating good food.
Here is a list of foods you should eat, by each chakra, in order to keep your vibration high, feel good physically, and enhance your intuition:
1. Root Chakra – The root chakra is the color red, and governs your sexuality, sense of stability, and security. So, foods that are red are most beneficial to this chakra, such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and tomatoes.
2. The Sacral Chakra – The sacral chakra is orange, and holds our creativity, joy, and enthusiasm. Foods that will help balance this chakra are oranges, carrots, pumpkin, and peaches.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra – The solar plexus is yellow and houses our personal power and growth. Many physical symptoms are caused by an unbalanced solar plexus, such as anxiety, headaches, and digestive problems. Foods that will benefit this chakra are lemons, bananas, pineapples, and yellow squash.
4. The Heart Chakra – The heart chakra is green, and is where our passion, devotion, and unconditional love are held. Foods to balance this chakra include leafy greens, like salad and spinach or cabbage. Broccoli and asparagus would also benefit.
5. The Throat Chakra – The fifth chakra is blue and is where our independence, communication, and expression are. Blueberries and pomegranate help to balance this chakra, as well as soups and sauces, as the juices and liquids help words and communication to flow.
6. The Third Eye – The third eye rules our intuitive and meditative abilities. This chakra is indigo, and benefits from eggplants and plums.
7. The Crown Chakra – The crown chakra is white or violet, and represents our connection to the Divine. There actually is not any food that can benefit this particular chakra. However, meditation and keeping the rest of the body balanced, will help to keep this chakra open and clear.
The key is balance…
Okay, so now you have learned about foods that help your chakras, making your intuition stronger, and helping you to vibrate higher. How cool is that? But don’t over-do it, guys. Too much of a good thing is just as bad as too much of a bad thing. Find a healthy balance to your diet. Learn how to listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs.
What do you think? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel depending on the foods you are eating? Is there anything you would add to my list? Let me know in the comments below, or on social media!
With love and light,